I’ve been doing Paleo for a few months, and I love it. I honestly feel so much better when I stick to the diet. No, it’s not easy, but it’s worth it. The way to survive Paleo is the same for surviving any stricter diet: find things you like and be willing to try new things. Over 90-Day Challenge, I’ll probably be trying out new recipes and repeating a lot of old favorites. Here’s a way to help you remember if something is Paleo or not:
I’ll be honest. Paleo isn’t a convenient diet. It takes planning and prep-work. Keep nuts, seeds, and fruit on-hand if you need something in a hurry. This diet is the enemy of the munchies. Sounds awful at first, but eventually your tastes start to change. You’ll probably cheat – we all do. But after you’ve been doing Paleo for a while, the junk will make you feel like . . . well, junk. I guess you really are what you eat.
We’ve got a couple people so far that are willing to do the 90-Day Challenge, but it’d be awesome if more brave souls would be willing to at least try it. Here’s my favorite recipe to get you started.
Paleo Chicken Fajitas
– Chicken tenders (or breasts sliced into strips)
- Chicken tenders (or breasts sliced into strips)
- Green pepper (sliced into strips)
- Red pepper (sliced into strips)
- Red onion (sliced into strips)
- Cumin (a generous amount, season to taste)
- Sea salt (1 tbs, or to taste)
- Oregano (1 tbs)
- Pepper (1 tsp)
- Chili powder (1 tbs, or to taste)
- Garlic, minced (1-2 tbs)
- Juice of 2 limes
- Lemon juice (2 tbs)
– Sauté chicken over heated coconut oil and add seasonings and juices. Once chicken is cooked completely, remove from heat and place in a large bowl. Sauté peppers and onion in the pan used for the chicken, add lemon juice/water if you need some more moisture. Once the veggies are finished, add them to the bowl with the chicken. – Some recipes like this will tell you to wrap the fajita mix in lettuce, but I like to chop up some lettuce and make this into more of a salad. My kids like to eat it wrapped in lettuce. The messier it is, the better it must taste apparently.
Not all of the recipes you try will be winners. I like to say that I have the palate of a five-year old on a diet. I’m super picky. If I like it, most people will like it. I’ll be updating with new recipes that (I think) are good. Feel free to add your paleo recipes in the comments too!